Early Childhood Education: Being There at the Start
A mountain of educational studies has shown that early childhood is the most important educational stage with respect to development. Kids at the elementary level need special attention. With an early childhood education degree, you can provide the nurturing care that will help your students succeed in life.
The High/Scope Perry Preschool study, covering four years of intensive research, showed that high-quality early childhood education had a direct correlation to higher earnings, the ability to hold a job, the commitment of fewer crimes, and a higher chance of graduating high school. If you are looking for a career with a social conscience, early childhood education is your chance to make a difference. An early childhood education degree will give you the opportunity to help kids at this most sensitive stage. Here are a few of the duties of an early childhood education professional.
Early Childhood Education Degree
- Curriculum Design. You will use your training in early childhood education to design a challenging curriculum for your students.
- Parent Conferencing. Early childhood education professionals frequently meet with parents to report on achievement and ability.
- Progress Assessment. Another key concept of your early childhood education degree is the practice of measuring your students' yearly progress.
There is an immediate need for qualified early childhood education graduates all across the country. And the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reports a positive employment growth outlook for early childhood education degree holders in the next decade.
The Early Childhood Education Profile
- Entry Credentials. Most public and private school systems require a four year degree in early childhood education to consider you for employment.
- Growing Demand. Overall employment of early childhood education majors will grow as fast as the average for teachers from kindergarten through the secondary grades.
- Online Option. You can earn your early childhood education degree through a convenient and affordable online program.
A career in early childhood education will be the ultimate challenge that leaves you with a great feeling at the end of every day.
Pursue Your Education Degree Today:
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University.
Earn a respected bachelor's degree, master's degree, or Ph.D. online at Walden University.
Why ASU? At ASU, learning online is effective, flexible and smart. Every program delivered online is developed by the same excellent faculty who teach on our campuses, and is designed to engage students and professors in meaningful ways. The result? Our students are an integral part of a New American University.
Capella courses focus on real-world application, so you’ll gain skills and knowledge you can apply right away.
With more than 160 fully accredited programs of study, Liberty University Online offers degrees from the certificate to the postgraduate level.
Study online with California University of Pennsylvania.