Our educational system is in desperate need of special education teachers. If you have patience and understanding for difficult learners, earning your special education certification will allow you to make a difference in many lives.
The U.S. educational system has a variety of special programs for students with various levels of learning difficulties. Special education students make up a huge population in our school systems and require trained professionals to provide them with the services and assistance they need.
Many teachers find that they have a soft spot for these kids. If you are one of them, a special education certification will allow you to concentrate on this segment of our educational population. Here are some of the concepts you will learn:
Special Certification for Special Education
- Learning Styles. Your certification will teach you about the various learning and teaching styles that help all students.
- Basic Instruction. Special education students need information broken down into the most basic levels for maximum retention.
- Steady Support. Earning your special education certification prepares you to follow up with students and parents to help them get the most out of school.
There is no more rewarding career than one in which you can help students who have learning difficulties. And the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics says that earning your certification can give you the benefit of job security.
Benefits of the Special Education Certification
- Basic Training. A special education certification requires only one year of schooling beyond the bachelor’s degree.
- Growing Demand. Employment for special education teachers is expected to grow faster than average for all occupations through 2014.
- Projected Salary. Median annual earnings in May 2004 of special education teachers who worked primarily in secondary schools were $45,700.
Earn your special education certification and become a guiding light for students and parents who need a trained advocate on their side.