Electrical Engineering Pros Make Hybrid Autos Even Better
Just when you thought the American car was a gas-guzzling pollution machine, the latest hybrid autos are being unveiled. Electrical engineers are improving the performance of these machines, in hopes of reversing damage done to our environment.
Everyone knows that it's important to reverse the harmful effects of greenhouse gases on our environment, and reduce our dependence on oil. Hybrid automobiles have been offered as a possible solution. Electrical engineering professionals have tinkered with ways to harness electrical energy and improve mileage--which means less gas money coming out of owners' pockets.
The research has been so successful that major car makers have pledged to expand their own electrical engineering research in the coming decade. Here are some of the newest features of hybrid vehicles.
Automobile Engineering: It's Electric
- Hybrid Technology. Electrical engineering principles harness the power generated by stopping and starting to increase performance in hybrids.
- Battery Powered. Current hybrid prototypes pull power from up to 18 batteries in the back of the vehicle.
- Don't Plug It In. Unlike the early electric cars, hybrids don't have to be plugged in, as they can get charged on the small amounts of gas they use.
If you are an eco-minded individual, you can make a real difference in our world by earning an electrical engineering education through an online degree program. Here is what the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics has to say about the value of an online electrical engineering degree.
The Online Electrical Engineering Degree: What's Involved?
- Hands-on Training. Online electrical engineering degree programs typically involve four years of high-tech training.
- A Growing Field. Electrical engineering positions for online degree holders will grow faster than the national average through the next ten years.
- Impressive Salary. Electrical engineering degree holders earned a median annual salary of $51,000 in 2004.
Earn an online electrical engineering degree and make your mark on the environment in a positive way.
Pursue Your Information Technologies And Computer Degree Today:
Make a difference with a graduate degree from DeVry University's Keller Graduate School of Management.
Earn an accredited Business or Technology degree 100% online with ECPI.
- Electronics Engineering - Associate
- Electronics Engineering - Bachelor
Why ASU? At ASU, learning online is effective, flexible and smart. Every program delivered online is developed by the same excellent faculty who teach on our campuses, and is designed to engage students and professors in meaningful ways. The result? Our students are an integral part of a New American University.
- MS in Global Technology and Development