Go the Distance: How to Succeed in Distance Learning Online
You're busy 24/7, and don't have time for college. There's good news! Many colleges and vocational schools offer courses online. Distance learning online is a great way to earn a degree, or simply take classes for your own enrichment.
Making Distance Learning Work for You
The upside of distance learning is its flexibility and convenience. Distance learning is particularly appropriate if you have strong self-discipline and time management skills. Here are some tips for succeeding with distance learning:
- Read the entire course syllabus (schedule, instructions, and assignments) before beginning.
- Contact your instructor with any questions. He or she wants you to succeed at distance learning!
- Schedule time to complete your coursework online as you would for a traditional class
- Participate in scheduled chat sessions and bulletin boards. These take the place of classroom discussions, and are an important part of distance learning online.
- Don't procrastinate. A primary reason for failing in distance learning is putting off assignments.
- Check your progress regularly to ensure you've received credit for work submitted online.
Succeeding at Distance Learning: Know Your Resources
The college or school offering your distance learning course is dedicated to your success. Check your school's website, and make note of the contact information for the online education department. They can help with technical issues, and your instructor will assist you with questions about distance learning assignments. Although you may study alone, your distance learning experience depends on teamwork between you, your school's distance learning department, and your instructor.
Pursue Your General Degree Today:
At University of Phoenix, we believe everyone deserves access to higher education.
Manage your career and your life while earning your degree online.
Why ASU? At ASU, learning online is effective, flexible and smart. Every program delivered online is developed by the same excellent faculty who teach on our campuses, and is designed to engage students and professors in meaningful ways. The result? Our students are an integral part of a New American University.
Thanks to Florida Tech offering intensive degree programs 100% online, students located all over the world have the opportunity to access the same world-class education as those who attend classes on the main campus in Melbourne, Florida.
Ultimate Medical Academy (UMA) offers industry-relevant knowledge and training for in demand careers in healthcare.