40 Cutest Videos of Babies Learning
Whether it's Charlie biting his brother's finger or baby Micah laughing hysterically while his dad rips up a rejection letter, there is something irresistible about cute baby videos. While they may provide mindless entertainment for viewers, cute baby videos highlight how children are learning right from the start. Ages zero to three are considered a critical time for brain development, and even playtime is helping little ones grow and learn.
Take a cue from these top cute baby videos and remember you are never too young (or old!) to start learning.
Babies learning to move
- Have faith - walking will commence: According to George Michael, you've got to have faith. In this catchy video, watch as a little one struts his stuff.
- Come to the iPad: Want to encourage your baby to move? Try this mom's technique and use your iPad to get those little legs in motion.
- Use a remote: If you don't have an iPad, you could use the old school method to get your baby to move: the remote control.
- How about some coffee? Parents look for all sorts of ways to convince their babies to move. Olivia lives in Seattle so, of course, her parents tried the time-honored technique of using an iced coffee.
- Baby learning to sit: Poor baby Brianna starts this video with a face plant on the bed, but she quickly recovers to show how she can sit like a big girl. Pretty in pink, Brianna has adorable written all over her.
- Baby starting to crawl: Little Alex is about halfway to crawling. His legs seem to have the right idea, but his arms just aren't working with him yet.
- Double trouble on the move: What could possibly be cuter than watching one baby learn to walk? Why, watching twins of course! Check out these butterfly beauties taking their early steps together.
Babies learning to communicate
- Baby learning to talk: Crackers and cookies and cheese, oh my! This future foodie shows off her first words to the camera.
- Toddler learning Chinese: While some of us are still having trouble with English, little Charis is well on her way to being bilingual. Watch as she demonstrates her knowledge of Chinese.
- It's all about dad: Poor mom! All she wants is to hear her baby say "mama." But this little darling is obviously daddy's girl.
- Baby sign language: If your baby can't talk, try teaching them sign language instead. This NBC News report is filled with adorable babies learning to sing and sign with their parents.
- 11-month old signing: Sign language is a breeze for 11-month old Ariel. With her trusty dog her side, she shows off 12 signs from hat to shoes to baby.
- Conversation with a 19-month old: Ashley is only 19 months old, but she is talking up a storm. In this video, she shows off her knowledge of opposites and more.
- Babbling baby: Before you can talk, you have to babble. This little guy's got a lot to say, and you'll want to reach through the screen and squeeze his adorable chubby cheeks.
Babies learning life skills
- Mission possible: Learning to swim: Zoey's mission, should she choose to accept it, is to learn to swim at 19 months. Well, ok, so Zoey didn't really have much say in the matter, but after 20 lessons, she is floating like a champ.
- Baby's first iPad: It may not be long before everything is run on smart phones and mobile devices. Two-year old Bridger is ahead of the game as he demonstrates his mad skillz on the iPad.
- More baby iPad fun: Bridger isn't the only one who is a pro with the iPad. This little guy knows exactly how to use his dad's device to check out his favorite birds.
- Toddlers practicing manners: iPads may be the wave of the future, but some low-tech skills are just as important. Watch as a group of pint-sized students practice their table-time etiquette. Miss Manners would be proud.
- Play fetch! A baby and a dachshund together -- does it get any cuter than this? This doggie desperately wants to play fetch even if our starring baby hasn't quite caught on yet.
- Babies learning to feed themselves: Clean eating is overrated. For infants and toddlers, pudding in the hair is a fashion statement, and this video shows parents how to hand over dinnertime to their little one.
- One year old learning to ice skate: It's only a matter of time before she hits the pros. At only one, this baby is taking to the ice rink like a fish to water.
- Baby learns the map: If you think Turkey is only a holiday meal, and Madagascar is just a movie, you might want to watch this video. At just 21 months, Sara has mastered the world map and can point out countries large and small.
Babies learning games
- Baby sport stacker shows his moves: Every baby learns to walk, talk and crawl, but they don't all become champion cup stackers. Watch this smiley one-year old learn the three stack.
- Baby apps on the iPad: This baby's disability makes it hard for him to play with some typical baby toys, but there is no shortage of fun for him on mom's iPad.
- Wee Wii Mii: This toddler has a mean forehand. At 22 months, he jumps, twists and spins while playing Wii Sports tennis. We just hope for his parents' sake he doesn't have a temper like John McEnroe.
- One-year old b-ball star: This little cutie has got on his game face. At 19 months, he is jumping, shooting and blocking like a pro…almost. But daddy's a fan, that's for sure.
- Playing tag with the dog: We're not sure who's having more fun in this video: the dog or the baby. Laugh along and decide for yourself.
- Learning to dance: At 13 months old, Felicity is learning how to cut a rug. Check out her moves as she practices being 'like a duck."
Babies learning math
- Counting by age one: We all have to start somewhere, and this chunky monkey shows us how it's done.
- The number puzzle: Thumbs up for this cute video of a mini-math whiz showing off his numbers while doing a puzzle.
- Baby math: Eight-month old Corbin can't walk, but he has some of his math basics down. We're sure dad will have him doing algebra by age six.
- Future math major: This little one is a natural behind the desk. Maybe she should consider an accounting major in the future.
- Counting for the camera: We dare you to watch this video of an adorable little girl counting and not smile.
Babies learning to read
- 18-month old starting to read: Reading is anything but boring for this 18-month-old whiz. And check-out his adorable smile: the cuteness meter just went into overdrive.
- Learning the ABCs: Two-year-old Stephen shows off his ABCs. Reciting the alphabet has never been so cute.
- Baby reading to herself: We have no idea what baby Brooklyn is reading, but it sounds intense. This super sweet 17-month old is too cute!
- Early reader: In this Today Show segment, we meet 17-month-old Elizabeth who is already reading like a pro. Not only is Elizabeth smart, she's cute too.
- Going in for a closer look: Short and sweet, this is a video of a cute baby reading a book. Must be a good story from the look on her face!
- Reading in baby language: This little guy isn't going to wait around for someone else to read to him. He can read by himself, thankyouverymuch.
- Flash card dynamo: Emily is only 13-months old in this video, but she is well on her way to being a superstar reader. Watch her show off her great vocabulary and sweet, sweet smile.