Pixar's John Lasseter: The Magician of Animation
Although Pixar and Disney have been animation partners over the last several years, Pixar has had more success on the silver screen than their bigger and wealthier counterpart. The animation genius behind Pixar's success is a man named John Lasseter.
If you have seen the movies Finding Nemo, The Incredibles, or Toy Story, then you know that Pixar animation studios are the best thing going in the computer animation world today. Disney recognized this and quickly made Pixar a partner in animation. John Lasseter, the main man at the Pixar studios, has quite literally taken the animation world by storm with his incredibly witty movies. Also an executive with Apple, Lasseter has aspired to be an animation professional since his childhood.
Pixar's Animation Genius
- Big Salary. John Lasseter makes over $2.4 million per year, which is five times more than the next animation executive makes.
- Free Reign. Lasseter's animation training has given him the authority to green light animation projects or give them the axe.
- Great Publicity. His latest animation production, Cars, is getting rave reviews by various online media outlets.
Perhaps the reason that the animation profession is always in the spotlight is because it offers a unique mix of art and technology. If you have some basic drawing skills and some basic computer skills, you can earn your animation training through an online degree program. Here's what you can expect.
- Program Length. An online degree in animation typically involves a four-year training program from a technical school or college.
- Career Outlook. If you have creativity, talent, and the right training, you will find many opportunities in the animation industry.
Certified animation training is the best way to begin your career in the coolest industry around today.
Pursue Your Art And Design Degree Today:
Helping creative minds bring their ideas to life.
Why ASU? At ASU, learning online is effective, flexible and smart. Every program delivered online is developed by the same excellent faculty who teach on our campuses, and is designed to engage students and professors in meaningful ways. The result? Our students are an integral part of a New American University.
- MSTech in Graphic Information Technology
- BA in Film and Media Studies
Learning at Full Sail University has always centered around interaction and the exchange of ideas. Our online curriculum fully embraces this philosophy.
Westwood College is dedicated to preparing students with the knowledge, skills and training needed for meaningful employment. Through education, we create opportunities, change lives and impact futures.
- Graphic Design: Major in Visual Communications (B)
- Graphic Design (A)